Füd is a new healthy alternative energy drink that claims to be a natural energy boost. I will admit I am not a fan of energy drinks and also not a fan of anything with the consistency of milkshakes or smoothies though I know many are. When I was offered some samples of this new drink I was keen to try.
The drink was developed by Philip Udeh after struggling for years with chronic fatigue due to sickle cell anaemia, looking to create something better than the sugary energy drinks being offered at the time in the market.
If you watch Dragons Den you may have seen the pitch from these guys and also saw that they managed to bag investment from Peter Jones as a result.
So what is in it? Just sparkling water, real fruit juices, natural caffeine and B-vitamins, low calories and vegan friendly.
What did I think of the taste? There are two flavours currently being Berry & Coconut and also Pineapple & Ginger.
So first with the pros:
- Now normally what puts me off the most about some energy drinks is the over powering smell and how fizzy some of them are. The berry and coconut flavour definitely smelt stronger but was nice and not off-putting and the pineapple and ginger didn’t have much of a smell.
- Natural flavours and no added sugar or sweeteners.
- Vegan friendly.
- Packaging is nice and simple, all information clearly displayed that you could want as a consumer and recyclable.
And the cons:
- I found both flavours had a clear dominant flavour in each with the berry and coconut one tasting mostly of coconut and the pineapple and ginger tasting mostly of ginger. I think I am maybe one of the few people not to like coconut water or similar drinks so this was not a pro for me but I am sure others won’t mind it so much.
- I found the flavours quite bland overall.
- The taste was actually ok but probably not something I would purchase myself. Not too much flavour but equally not enough and the same with the fizziness, not too fizzy but not still somewhere in between that didn’t seem quite right.
- We won’t get into the name……….
I only had one can of each so can’t comment on the effects as that is not enough to form any real result with regards to noticeable difference in feeling, performance etc.
Looking at the composition of the ingredients, and I should state I am not a qualified nutritionist, it would appear that I would not gain anything from switching from my nutrition I currently use for both energy and electrolytes.
If I were given this I would drink it, I didn’t dislike the taste and it was much more palatable than other energy drinks I’ve had, but I wouldn’t buy it myself specifically. Unfortunately not for me but give it a go for yourself and see if you like it maybe?
When you visit the website you can subscribe to their newsletter to get 10% off your first order.
I was gifted the products, but all opinions are my own.