Looking back and writing this blog I am actually surprised at the events I did if I am honest. I used to laugh at my husband for his ever growing medal collection and yet I find myself right at this moment looking at my little collection that I will be adding to this year!
I cycled a total of 1,740km, 12,860 metres of elevation, 49 bike rides and 37 runs totalling 95 hours and 52 minutes and gained 21 QOM’s (queen of the mountains are basically awards where you get the best time for a certain segment of a route). My longest ride was 133km, and got 533 medals on Strava (an app to record all of this information from a gadget I also don’t really know how to use but does technical stuff to record the rides and runs and my husband swears blind that I need them).
In 2014 I took part and completed the following events:
- Sport Relief 25 mile bike ride
- Tour de Tendring 60 mile bike ride
- Hertfordshire 50 mile bike ride
- Essex Explorer 60 mile bike ride
- Little Havens 60 mile bike ride
- London to Southend 54 mile bike ride
- Essex castle 76 mile bike ride
- Prudential Ride 100 mile bike (that was only 86 miles) – yes i did it! In torrential weather hence they cut short part of it but I did it!
- Essex Season Ender 42 mile bike ride
- Electric Run 5k running event
- Two Race for Life 5k running events
- Race for Life Pretty Muddy 5k running event
- Colour Run 5k running event
- Nike Run to the Beat 10k running event
- Even took my running gear with me to New York when on a weeks holiday and did a 7.5k run
Now to plan the events for 2015! What have i become?!